Thursday, January 5, 2017

Happy 2017! New Years' resolutions? I made a few. I usually avoid them due to the fact that I jinx myself if I say I'm going to do something. If I don't say I'm going to do something I usually end up being able to do it. Maybe it's just my "don't even try if you're not going to do it really well mentality". 

My husband and I made a joint resolution to not talk about the future this year. He and I tend to spend most of our time together talking, hashing, worrying, and getting depressed about the future. It generally is not helpful because at this point in our lives we are not prepared or ready to make any big changes. Last fall we made a vision board for our lives and on it out some of the things we tend to hash. The biggest thing on our board was "bloom where you're planted". Not novel, but helpful.  For some reason we ended up here in Texas. God has given us friends (who like us, I think), a church, a cozy cottage to live in with our 5 kids, a big back yard where we can create our dream of an urban homestead, and a job for my husband where he is making a real difference in our community. We have been so blessed.  

So far we are doing well with our resolution. I know I feel less stressed living in the here and now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment