Thursday, March 31, 2011

Texas Forever!


I am so excited for the final season of Friday Night Lights! Apparently it has been airing on DIRECTV, but will be available on NBC soon??? Does anybody know? Matt and I started watching this amazing show last summer via Netflix and quickly became obsessed! It was filmed in Austin and it epitomizes life in Texas. They do such a great job making this show that I wish I could go down to the local high school and talk to Coach Taylor or sit in Principal Tami's office and get some advice. I think that I love this show so much because the main character's lives are not polished or perfect. There is a sense of reality and the hardness of life that I enjoy watching much more than the contrived fictional characters of other mainstream shows. The main characters, Coach Taylor, and his wife, Tami, love each other and work together to make a life for themselves in small-town Texas. Of course a lot of the show is focused on football which is really fun, too!

It makes me feel like living in Texas is cool.

Anyway, if you get a hankerin' for a little lesson in Texas culture check out Friday Night Lights. I know part of the first and fourth seasons are available on Hulu.com right now!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... Living in Texas pretty much is the epitome of cool. If you need affirmation, read some Cormac McCarthy.

    In other news: the entire first 4 seasons are available via direct download for those who have Netflix. I think season 5's on there via DVD, too. As soon as I'm done w/ this semester, we're going to blitz through it.

    ReplyDelete